Friday, January 6, 2017

Sliding doors

Here I am in Salzburg - a beautiful town surrounded by fairytale buildings, fortified walls and hills filled with snow.

After leaving school the opportunity presented for me to study in this town, an apartment in the old city centre no less, or that's what my hazy mind remembers. And walking through the soft snow I think of how different my life would have been.

I undoubtedly would have met a boy, still studied art, but perhaps ended up in a little corner of paradise in the alps (or in a beautiful gothic apartment, pastel yellow on the outside, and white walls and woodwork within).

Who knows. But it's interesting to daydream about those decision points in life and wonder .... what? And sure, there will be future moments in time where decisions will take me down one path over another. No regrets, just the game of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment